Tuesday, July 05, 2005


Other recent craftiness...

The nice thing about only taking one class over the summer is that I have time to think about other things. When Chris was moving from LA to Portland and stopped by for a couple of nights, I made him help me clean out the creepy shed in the backyard where I knew some boxes of mine had been stuck. (Good thing Chris was there, actually, because I'm not sure I could have handled finding the dead, mummified cat body on my own.) Turns out that my old scrapbooks and some of my Star Wars stuff were in those boxes, so I made a Boba Fett shadowbox with my signed photo of Jeremy Bulloch, the button I made at a con when I was 12 and still qualified for the tiny geek activities, and my original Boba Fett action figure. Since it's the cheap shadowbox from Aaron Bros, the backing doesn't quite fit and I still have to shave it down a little.

I have been told it looks a little like a shrine, and I guess it does. A shrine to the character BF coulda been. Sigh.