Saturday, July 30, 2005

I fixed a leaky toilet today, and I even drank a beer while doing it. The toilet in my mom's bathroom has been running for weeks and all the other easy fixes haven't made a difference, so today I replaced the fill valve. All by myself. (Well, almost. I needed my mom to hold the valve assembly in place while I tightened the lock and coupling nuts. See how easily I toss those technical plumbing terms around.) Futhermore, t was a fill valve of a design entirely different than the original. Absolutely nothing at Home Depot looked even remotely like the original. The beer part seemed like sort of a requirement, and it was f'ing hot today so beer just sounded good, even to a person like me who rarely drinks beer. I had picked up some Rogue Dead Guy Ale after listening to Michael and Evo go on and on (and on) about it on Wingin' It the other day. I am very suceptible to suggestion. The HazelNut Brown Nectar actually sounded better, but BevMo sadly does not carry it. The Dead Guy Ale, however, has a cool label.