Wednesday, July 13, 2005


In other news, my Tammy annuals finally arrived. I bid on these five Tammys on eBay in May after checking with the seller to make sure she was willing to ship to the US. She was. I was the only bidder and I won. After she got back from holiday several days later (who schedules auctions to end when they're on holiday?), she told me that she had no idea how to send the books. I finally arranged for her to courier them to a woman I know from Girl's Own in the UK whose husband comes to the US about once a month. He brought them in his suitcase and sent them to me in a pre-labeled Fed Ex box I sent ahead for him. After all that, my Tammys are here and my collection is complete. The seller never left feedback for me, and now it's far too late for me to leave feedback for her. (Thank goodness, because I'm not sure what I'd say.)

Anyone got any Jintys from the 70s they'd like to send me? Mistys?