Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh, Serena, clashing plaids? What has Gossip Girl come to? I'm even feeling sorry for Chuck.

If you've been avoiding switching to compact florescents anywhere but in the garage because their light tends to be blue and weird, I've been really impressed with the 75 watt equivalent Feit Electric bulbs I got for about $1 for 4 at Longs (some kind of PG&E subsidy). They don't have that unsettling delay before lighting that older bulbs had--instead they start up immediately, but a little dimmer and gradually increase to full brightness over the next few minutes. It's kind of like having a gradual alarm clock light without the insane expense. The light quality is warm and good for reading. I've put them in my living room and bedside lamps and they're working really well. Best of all, they're small so they don't stick out over the top of the lampshade. Check 'em out.

I'm all atwitter over the amazing deal I got on my second Rebecca Minkoff Mini Nikki in Dusty. If you dare gaze upon the wretched excess, the album is here.

Labels: ,