Saturday, July 16, 2005

Saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night... extremely funny. I couldn't shake the comparison to Michael Jackson for about the first third of the film, but it wore off after a while.

Still waiting for UPS to deliver Harry Potter. The Aussies and Brits on the Girl's Own list are already aflutter over it and have had to take the discussion off-list to honor the embargo. I won't get to read it immediately anyway as I have a huge amount of homework to do for class. With the incredible heat this week I haven't been able to concentrate enough to get anything done and it's the toughest exercise we've been given so far. This will be a fun weekend. It's still blazing hot.

In my stress-related compulsive shopping this week, I've managed to pick up several new games: bought Rook and Kaboodl the other day and Lost Cities last night. Hive and Coloretto are in the mail. Could not resist the funky design of the Kaboodl cards... no idea how it plays yet. It came in a double pack with another basic Uno deck, which of course I need like a hole in the head.