Sunday, March 05, 2006

Another Sunday, another slog through a cataloging exercise. I think I'll refer to the class as "cataslogging" from now on. This stuff is highly unintuitive. Today I learned about syndetic structures, known to normal people as "search under" or "see also" references. Kill me now.
Actually, when I said the other day that everything right now seems wrong, I meant everything except school. I am loving school and doing extemely well (she said modestly), in spite of the occasional headache-inducing classes like Cataslogging and Information Retrieval. Trouble is I've been so focused on the getting through school part that I've been avoiding thinking too much about the after school part. At the end of this semester I'll only have 12 units to go--9 plus the culminating. That's only 3 classes, or 2 classes and an internship.

Time to think a little harder about the future.

But not today.