Saturday, June 10, 2006

So I was playing Luxor again yesterday because the client wants us to be "more creative" with the promotions and I was trying to generate some ideas. Mostly what I came up with were some extremely inventive swear words. But I finally did it: I beat Khufu's Revenge. With three lives leftover, no less.

During the hiatus from Luxor I worked my way through both 7 Wonders of the Ancient World (the less said about that the better) and Big Kahuna Reef. Believe it or not, I've actually gotten a lot of work done too. We've been unbelievably busy, in fact. June used to be the slow month in the videogame world, but those days are over.

This morning I hauled myself out of bed to watch England run all over Paraguay. At least this World Cup the matches start at somewhat reasonable times compared to the last in 2002 which had us all either getting up at 4am or taking afternoon naps to stay up 'til 2.

One thing I will miss about living in Danville is going to Peet's and the farmers market early Saturday morning. It's become sort of a routine to go grab a coffee and watch the cyclists with their skinny legs and tiny butts clomp around in their cycling shoes and jeer about who "bonked," pat all the dogs, and then go pick up some spinach paranthas and cilantro chutney from the surly Indian family. The tamale people were late this morning so I broke with tradition and got some sausages instead.

Somebody was trying to tell me the other day that Miss Vickie's Lime & Black Pepper potato chips are definitely superior to Lay's. They're supposedly "limier." I had lunch at Erik's Deli today and took a closer look at the Miss Vickie's bag. Among many other interesting things, it says right there on the back, "manfactured for Frito-Lay, Inc." My guess is that Miss Vickie's chips are definitely identical to the ones you get at Safeway.