Sunday, March 26, 2006

Had to go visit the library at SJSU yesterday so as long as I was down there I moseyed over to the Japanese bookstore where I stocked up on clear plastic folders. You can never have enough of these things. Hard to see in the photo, but this brand describes itself as a "praiseworthy clear holder in four clear colors." Praiseworthy indeed.

I also perused their selection of craft books. Japanese craft books are all the rage right now among hip crafty types, and they are lovely. For the most part language isn't a problem since everything is illustrated with either color photos or beautifully clear illustrations. I found this great book on all kinds of neat things to do with wire so hopefully I can start working through all the wire stuff Birgit gave me a couple years ago that's just been sitting around.

Current reading: Made a second attempt at Life of Pi, but even though it's wonderfully written I just can't get into it. Instead I started on my fourth Jonathan Carroll of the past two weeks, Kissing the Beehive.