Friday, March 17, 2006

Have an assignment due tomorrow for Digitization and I'm in full work-avoidance mode. Already spent way too much time fooling around with my Netflix queue, and now updating the blog for no good reason. Doesn't help that I'm exhausted, having been at work since 7 this morning dealing with last-minute inanity surrounding the Game Developers Conference in San Jose next week.

Here's the bracelet I made the other night while watching Grizzly Man. I needed something that would work with all the brown and lavender I suddenly have in my wardrobe. Lord knows why I strung it on elastic string and then gave it a clasp anyway. That's the great thing about making your own jewelry: if you don't like it or get tired of it you can just take it apart and make something else.

Current reading (other than endless articles on digitizing photos correctly): done with the short story and Western phase (Rick Bass, Twain, Roald Dahl) and now into The Marriage of Sticks by Jonathan Carroll. About halfway through it and riveted so far. Stayed reading up a good 45 minutes later than I should have last night. Chris, I should be done with it by the time you're down here for the APE next month.