Thursday, April 24, 2008

The current rounds of Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen have both been on for a while now, but I've been too busy to comment thus far. A few thoughts:

  • WTF moment #1 - On TC, the guy who works at Le Cirque doesn't know that mayonnaise is oil and egg??? Even I know that and I can barely boil water. Why is he still on the show?

  • WTF moment #2 - On HK, "I don't know percentages, but..." Thank God GR threw him off; the guy's too dangerous to be in a kitchen.

  • And where the hell do they find these people on HK? I realize Fox wants GR to explode as much as possible, but come on.

  • Extremely close tie for most annoying on TC: hat guy and crabby chick with eyebrow piercing.

  • Elizabeth Berkeley must have watched a whole lot of Padma in action before she started on the dancing show.

  • What is it with chefs and faux-hawks?


In other news, I've finally identified the birds nesting on my patio as barn swallows and will post a photo of them soon. I had to go buy a bottle of something called Poop-Off because they're making a huge mess on the concrete. I keep meaning to go get a cheap mat to put under the nest that I can just toss later on, but with everything else going on it hasn't happened yet.

New at Big Lots: Cheese Quesadilla Pringles and many, many Golden Compass toys.

Labels: ,