Monday, February 16, 2009

Not much cooking at home lately, but I did make this yummy Indian twist on guacamole from 28 Cooks last week. Very good with warm naan.

I'm noticing with the Shangri-La oil thing that I have to plan ahead more carefully for meals because if I'm only eating full meals once a day, they need to be good, not just whatever happens to be most convenient. I kind of fell off the wagon a bit this weekend having 8-year old Amanda over since it was hard to time the 2 hour windows for taking the oil, and I had to eat on her schedule. I also have to be careful about not eating out of habit when I'm not actually hungry.

Amanda and I had fun: we watched Madagascar 2 and Kit Kittredge An American Girl (highly recommended). We had a pillow war and colored and danced around a lot and did our hair and ate pepperoni pizza and bagels. Amanda fell in love with my Growing Hair Crissy doll (no idea why I still have her, but I do) and I had to tell her several times that she could not keep her.

Though I'm still mad Jamie went home, last week's Top Chef was great; I adore Jacques Pepin and his giant bow tie. Not sure why they had to film the Last Supper panelists through Vaseline, however. It didn't fool anyone--we know they're all old. Am now hoping Carla wins.

Labels: , ,