Tuesday, February 17, 2009

There's a lot of snark being lobbed at Sandra Lee's new magazine. I bought the first issue a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to do more than flip through it while I was on the phone, and my only impression so far is that it's hella pink. I generally only watch her show for its high camp entertainment value, and the only recipe I've ever thought looked remotely appetizing didn't turn out to be.

I did see the clip of her making her "burrito casserole" on Good Morning America. It's frozen burritos covered in sauce and cheese and microwaved. I'm stunned she had the nerve to do this on national television. While many moms have, in moments of desperation, dumped tuna into Kraft mac & cheese and fed it to their kids, none to my knowledge then went on tv and called it a lifestyle to be proud of.

I happened across a new (to me) show in I.D. (Investigation Discovery) called Ross Kemp on Gangs (The I.D. website calls it Gang Nation, for some mysterious reason). Ross Kemp played Grant on EastEnders back when EastEnders was interesting, and he apparently did this series originally for Sky1 in Britain. I've only seen the El Salvador episode so far (Moscow's on the dvr), but it was good. Not Frontline by any means, but well-done and informative. I'm guessing that Ross is able to gain access to some of these people because he looks a bit like a gang member himself.

Labels: ,