Saturday, April 04, 2009

Sorry for the weird lighting, but I had to work fast because the batteries in the camera were dying and I don't have any other AAs on hand at the moment. This is my awesome dessert tonight, courtesy of Mark Bittman: fresh strawberries drizzled with balsamic vinegar and seasoned with black pepper. Dinner was a scrambled egg with feta, green onion and Italian parsley. While Mr. Bittman doesn't really dwell on the same plane of existence as I do when it comes to food, I happened to catch this strawberry thing on his Best Recipes in the World show which happened to be on when I was busy doing other things, and it's really good.

I ate this fine meal tonight while watching the first installment of Little Dorrit on Masterpiece Theater, one of the few Dickens novels I've not read. It's not cool to like Dickens, but he's one of my favorites.

Serious procrastination today avoiding a smog check, cleaning the apartment, and finishing my taxes. I managed to finish knitting the Kit Kittredge-style cloche I've been making for Amanda and also make inroads to finishing the messed up handles on the shopping bag I started months ago. I hand felted the cloche in the kitchen sink and am waiting for it to dry before adding a green ribbon. I gave Amanda her Crissy doll last weekend, by the way, and she loved it. Wednesday night I went to see Jon in his second grade school play, so Auntie Kate is top of her game this week.

Labels: ,