Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Today it's supposed to cool down to a chilly 92. I considered wearing a sweater this morning. (Since it is currently 67° in my office, a sweater would not have been a bad idea.) All alone in the office today with one person out sick, one on a sort of slowdown, and two on vacation. I actually have a lot to do, so maybe sheer boredom will motivate me to get it all done with a minimum of procrastination. Since I am at this moment writing a blog entry, that doesn't seem too likely.

The stupid doves are trying the whole nesting thing again, in the exact same spot. This time however, their pile of twigs looks sturdier, like maybe they consulted a contractor or something, and the mom bird is plumped down right on top like she's been glued there. Hope springs eternal.

No nests have materialized yet on my patio. There was quite a flurry of activity over the weekend and a few more splats of mud showed up on the ceiling beam, but it didn't look like any progress had been made yesterday.

I had more of the BLT avocado salad last night, and no it didn't really improve much. Meh.

Labels: ,