Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's bloody hot this weekend, so of course I made salt and vinegar roasted potatoes yesterday for breakfast. (As previously mentioned my appetite has been weird lately, and I had to use up my potatoes which were rapidly going bad.) They were probably some of the best potatoes I've ever had. Dinner was gazpacho.

It's also really dry; the relative humidity dropped yesterday morning from 40% to 32% within about two hours. I have the vaporizer running as well, which helps keep the interior temp down by a degree or so.

The cats and I are sitting in the dark today trying to stay cool. Koosh loves going out on the patio on the leash now, but she always wants to go out at the hottest part of the day. I really want to finish the first sock of a pair for Cathy's mom since they have to be done before Friday, but it's hard to knit socks in the dark. We're currently watching In Cold Blood on TCM: it has "cold" in the title, the soundtrack is cool jazz, and it was shot in icy black and white.

Labels: , ,