Sunday, August 14, 2005

Well, my summer class is over, the vertigo has passed, the daytime temperatures are no longer hovering in the "blast furnace" range, and my reserve copy of Labyrinth of Evil came in to the library so all is right with the world...

...except that the toilet I fixed several days ago has stopped working again. It won't fill back up after flushing unless you physically shove the float cup down, and I'm stumped because it will work fine 2 or 3 times and then stop. Fluidmaster's web site is down so I'm not getting any help from there. Oh well. More time to read Labyrinth of Evil.

Right before I picked it up, I read Vol. 4 of the Spiderwick Chronicles (meh) and a young adult novel called Downriver about a bunch of teens who run away from an Outward Bound type program and go rafting through the Grand Canyon. Pretty good. Made me wish I could afford to go rafting again soon.