Monday, March 06, 2006

When Mike said a few weeks ago that he was going to get me a sidekick, I was hoping he meant an energetic young lad who looked good in tights and a mask. No such luck. The Sidekick was on my desk when I got in this morning and I hate it already. It makes odd noises and startles me by buzzing randomly, and because T-Mobile coverage is notoriously bad around here, it only works sporadically.

I made my annual pilgrimage to Best Buy to get Turbo Tax (Premier Edition--we special selfly employed folks get to shell out more for our software in addition to mailing four checks on April 15) the other day. I'm hoping it will crawl out of the bag, install itself on the computer, gather my 1099s, locate the correct quarterly payments spreadsheet, and just deal with it all. So far nothing, but I haven't given up hope. Maybe the Sidekick will prod it along. It seems like the nasty, nagging type.