Sunday, July 09, 2006

I thought Fabien Barthez was the biggest idiot on the French team, but no, it turns out to be Zinedine Zidane. What a stupid, senseless way to end a career. I missed most of the action because my godson had the appalling disregard to be born on the same day as a future World Cup final match (after putting his mom through 36 hours of painful labor) and so I had to listen to the first half on Spanish radio en route to his 5th birthday party. My Spanish is not all that great, but you don't need much linguistic sophistication to understand, "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolll! ZidaneZidane ZidaneZidaneZidaneZidaneZidaneZidaneZidaneZidane!"

Chris was kind enough to pass along the first two seasons of Deadwood so I can watch them all in order and I've invented a Deadwood drinking game: take a swig whenever anyone says "c---
-----r" (the f-word is uttered far too frequently to keep track), and bottoms up whenever anyone dies.

In other news, it has become a kind of Killing Fields Rodentia around here. I've lost count of the number of mice Koosh has consumed in the past several days. She even ate two in one day last week. This is a tiny fluffy cat that looks like some kid's stuffed toy, not a kitty terminator.

Safeway never has lime and black pepper potato chips anymore. I am sad about this.