Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's not easy, but I'm watching Project Runway as if for the first time, carefully shielding myself from any hint of the eventual results. I kept hearing that season 3 is one of the best (next to season 2), but after the first few episodes I just wasn't seeing it. Tonight I watched all of disk 2 (episodes 5-8) and the drama really kicked in, starting with Keith's expulsion (completely justified). I still think Michael, Uli and Bree-oops-I-mean-Laura are by far the most talented of the group, not to mention the most gracious. Vincent is a whack job, and only the others' egregious sins have allowed Angela's weirdness and rosette obsession to fly under the radar for this long. Jeffrey is a piece of work. I get that he's worked hard to get himself clean and off the streets, but he's an asshole and his knee-jerk self-centered tantrums are textbook addict behavior. I thought Alison was let go too early even though she's really green, and poor Bradley, funny as he was, needs counseling.

I was finally able to get to the doctor today to get some antibiotics. The bad news is that even though the weather is cooling down a lot this weekend, they don't expect rain which would go a long way toward washing all the pollen out of the air and alleviating some of the dryness (about 40% currently).

The pesto pea soup never really developed any oomph, so for the last bowl yesterday I added more pesto and some greek yogurt and ate it cold with flatbread and red pepper hummus. The original recipe needed twice the pesto.

Labels: ,