Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rachel Zoe has vertigo! She is also extremely passive aggressive, but that's a separate issue. Unlike vertigo episodes, her nausea seems to hit even without full-on spinning dizziness which has to be pretty difficult to deal with--is days of constant nausea worse than hours of constant vomiting? I'm not sure of the answer to that. They haven't determined yet what is causing the vertigo, but told her to cut back on the stress and rest.

I spent a lot of time driving this weekend, especially on Sunday when I headed out to Oakdale to pick up my dad's .44 pistol and back to American Canyon to deliver it to Abman/John in time for his deer hunting trip out to someplace where there have been a lot of mountain lion and black bear sightings recently. Good thing gas is really cheap right now.

The Kitchn blog is holding a contest for easy weeknight dinners, and I was very impressed with this recipe for spaghetti squash with avocado and parmesan. Tonight I made another "spaghetti" dish (but with actual pasta this time) from a Marion Cunningham recipe featured on the Less is Enough blog, which continues even though her experiment of eating healthy on a dollar a day is over. Good, but next time I'd use about half the bread crumbs.

Labels: ,