Monday, August 22, 2005

I guess it was a good thing that I didn't go to New Orleans. I got a lot done around the house, completed two knitting UFOs, and finished off my summer reading project of getting through all of the major Star Wars prequel novels up through Revenge of the Sith. The weather was really conducive to lounging around on the deck, and it was nice to not have to worry about deadlines or being anywhere for a few days. What? That's called a "vacation?" I'd forgotten all about those.

Today we return to Real Life. As I was pondering my lunch options, my boss yelled (our preferred method of communicating), "Hey, know anything about PowerPoint?" I mumbled something non-committal and he said, "Well, can you fix the PR section on this sales presentation for [client]? They need it by 2. Thanks!"

Sigh.