Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I had to cancel my trip to SAA in New Orleans. Yesterday afternoon I was hit by a sudden and nasty vertigo attack, and having no idea how long it would last and not wanting to chance the flight, I decided to cut my losses. Plus, the washing machine is broken and all the clothes I planned to take are all soapy and soggy until the repairman gets here. I'm annoyed because this was also supposed to be a kind of mini-vacation--the only one I'm getting before Christmas--but as Cathy pointed out, it's apparently just not meant to be. If SAA hadn't been going on I'd probably be at GenCon, but now both are dead issues.

Slept a little bit last night and today the vertigo is gone, but I still feel pretty groggy and lightheaded. Spent most of today lounging aroung the deck reading Labyrinth of Evil, dozing, and drinking gallons of weak iced tea. The cats are thrilled I'm home and are fighting over my lap. Glad someone's getting something out of it.