Sunday, April 26, 2009

Somehow I managed to make an entirely green dinner tonight without intending to. For the main meal I made linguine with pesto, asparagus and feta, and a little while later wanted dessert. The only quick thing that sounded at all good was instant pistachio pudding.

This weekend I knitted my first sock which went very well until the very end when I was grafting the toes together. After the last stitch I turned it right side out, and discovered a rapidly growing hole at the toe where a stitch had broken or somehow been dropped. I'll give it a day or two before beginning again.

The last episode of Little Dorrit ran on Masterpiece Theater tonight. There's no way they could have known it when it was put on the schedule, but the collapsed Ponzi scheme that throws everything into chaos at the end bears an eerie resemblance to the Bernie Madoff affair, though in Dickens' story Merdle has the good grace to off himself. "Merdle" and "Madoff" even sound alike...

Labels: , ,