Wednesday, August 24, 2005


Finally finished my dad's father's day present. I know I'm an awful daughter, but it's hard to knit when you're on the computer all day at work and all night for school. It's a knitted toilet roll cover with a bear on top. I had to drive all over creation this weekend looking for the perfect bear (your old Richards store, Chris) and the perfect tree (model train store). The bass was a backup in case I couldn't find a bear, but now he's just dinner. The story here is that my grandmother used to crochet these weird doll dress toilet roll covers, and when I showed my dad something I knit at Thanksgiving he wanted to know if I could take over as the official family toilet roll cover maker now. See, Dad, be careful what you ask for.

And before anyone asks, that is my Tintin clock in the background. The hands are hanging up on each other again so I have to find a better washer and try to fix it.