Friday, August 26, 2005


Isis caught a bird today! Yes, the hefty girl pictured here caught her first bird. I'm so proud! Since this photo was taken about a year ago (right before she tore her ACL) she's lost about 2 lbs. Every morning before leaving for work I tear off yesterday's page from the Get Fuzzy calendar, crumple it into a ball, and toss it for her, so she's been getting in a lot of workouts and I guess it's paying off. Unfortunately she's unclear on what to do with the prey once it's dead so there was some clean up involved.

In other news, it has been a sucky week. Today I indulged in magazine therapy by buying the new Vogue Knitting even though I swore up and down that I'd never buy it again because they never have anything I want to make. This time there is ONE thing I want to make, the seed stitch coat on page 88. It even uses Lion Brand yarn so I won't have to take out a loan in order to purchase the 16 balls it calls for.